MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 6, 2010

Create a Thankful Sign!

~*Thankful Sign*~






Heya everyone! For my Fall themed project I made a sign to hang on my door. I don't have alot of Thanksgiving type decorations because we usually have snow around Halloween and snow puts me in the Christmas mood! I am notorious for putting up my Christmas tree at the beging of November. I say why only enjoy Christmas for one month when you can enjoy it for....TWO MONTHS! I even had on some Bing Crosy Christmas music today. So back to my fall project it turned out really great and I am so glad to be able to share it with you!





~*Recipe*~



~*Brown cardstock

~*Green cardstock from DCWV Super Stack 7

~*Orange strip is cut from a page in DCWV Animal Crackers

~*Purple Cardstock

~*Orange cardstock

~*Green raffia ribbon

~*2 coffee filter flowers I made myself

~*Golden colored cardstock

~*Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots

~*Martha Stewart glitter in orange and gold

~*Cricut Cartridge 'George and Basic Shapes'

~*Purple ribbon

~*Purple and Orange oil pastels





I set my Cricut to cut a 5 1/2 inch shape 3 (shift of the 'j') with the brown cardstock. I then set it to 5 inch and cut the green. Set it to 4 and cut the purple. I took my purple pastel and traced around the edges and blended the pastel. Layered the green on top of the brown and glued. Placed the stip I cut from Animal Crackers in the somewhat middle. Set my Cricut to cut three 3 inch ovals. I used the orange pastel to trace around the edges of the ovals then blended with a fancy blend-y tool (my finger). Glued the ovals together to look like a pumpkin. Added a stem and some leaves (raffia ribbon) and a brown curly thingie. Glue the pumpkin to the purple cardstock. Then applied 4 dots of Liquid Scrap Dots to the back of the purple cardstock and placed it on the brown/green base.

While I waited for it to dry I cut out the word 'THANKFUL' in 1 inch letters on my Cricut and smothered them in glue and orange/gold glitter mixed. Let that dry.





Cut, colored, layered and glued my coffee filter flowers. Glued my dried letters to the bottom of my base. Poked 2 holes in the top and threaded my ribbon through and tied knots in the ends. Glued my dried coffee filter flowers to the corner and VOILA! I made a sign...hangie...thingie. Thanks I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at it!




~*Jen*~

2 comments:

Scrappymama Elaine said...

Beautiful! love that deep orange on the pumpkin!

Milamemories said...

Love the color of the pumpkin!!

Hugs,

Mila

Post a Comment