MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 10, 2010

Smiley IOU Card!




Although this card may look a little simple, I used a technique that sometimes gets looked over...needed a cute iou card for a friend that helped me out so this one fits the bill!



Also, created it right after the Gypsy update and something had went wrong and machine started going crazy and making all kinds of noises....I am happy to report that I re-did the update on both my Imagine Machine and Gypsy and they seem to be working in harmony now! lol



RECIPE FOR SMILEY IOU CARD



SUPPLIES:



gypsy and smiley card files

cricut imagine or any cricut machine

xyron 5 inch label maker

Martha Stewart Glitter Glue

Martha Stewart Ultra Fine Glitter

12x12 pattern cardstock

4x5 solid (I used a tan) cardstock

6x6 yellow cardstock

Prima Rose

dimensionals



Set up your machine with the gypsy and choose for your first layer to cut out the card the rectangle card shape at 6 inches by 10.5 inches



I cut the solid paper cardstock at 5x5 inches



I then set the gypsy and imagine to cut the circle and IOU message from the smiley card cart



I folded the rectangle sheet in half after scoring it with a bone folder.....then the 5x5 cardstock I ran through my xyron sticker creater and attached to the top of the folded rectangle paper.



I then ran the smiley circle through the xyron and attached it to the top left part of the card



Now...run the topside of the IOU cardstock through the xyron that will make it sticky...shake your fine glitter on top and shake excess off (I like doing this as it is not as messy as using glue!)



Attach the glittered IOU to bottom center of the card using dimensionals



I used Markers to draw in hair, eyelashes, nose, and chin



Use Martha Stewart GlitterGlue pens to create the eyes and lips...boy does that glitter glue sparkle!



Add Prima Small Rose to hair like a hair bow



At the end I added 2 yellow rhinestones for earrings...and for added bling I added 3 blue rhinestones to right hand side of the card



On the inside of the card, I created a money envelope to slide the money in!



~Blessings

Laura

2 comments:

Scrappymama Elaine said...

too cute and glitzy too!

Laura said...

Thanks my recipient just loved it and what was tucked inside as well gggggggggggggg

Post a Comment